The Eagle Project was initiated
by Return to Zion Congregation, to serve young adults in Messianic
congregations throughout Israel who have completed their service in the
Israel Defense Forces (IDF). This project has a number of purposes,
including physical and mental rest, spiritual renewal, discipleship,
fellowship and service to local communities.
The project goals are achieved through close relationships with local
congregations in Israel and in Norway. And to finish, the young adults
participate in the International Youth Encounter Conference with worship,
testimonies and teaching.
The project was born in 2015, and it is open to all Messianic
congregations in Israel. It is our prayer that the Eagle Project will
bear fruit and strengthen its participants, who are the next generation
of Israeli congregants.
"I write to you, young men, because you are strong, and the word of
God lives in you, and you have overcome the evil one" (1 John 2:14).
This July twelve young people from six different congregations in Israel
took part in the project. The program lasted four weeks and took place in
Norway, centered in the cities of Oslo, Bergen, Volda and Levanger.
Together with local communities, we reached our goals through:
- Fellowship with local believers
- Staying with families and youth communities
- Physical rest in the outdoors, by the sea and in homes
- Making presentations about Israel to students at a local school
- Worship and prayer evenings
- Soldiers sharing their testimonies
- Bible studies and home groups
- Ministering in various congregations
- Participating in sports and hiking in the mountains. Fishing and
God is working in the hearts of Israeli and Norwegian youth. We at Return
to Zion Congregation will continue to seek the will of God for these
young people, and we invite you to become a part of this ministry!