Greetings from near Jerusalem.
Dan: Patty and I have just made the difficult decision to cancel our Summer Itinerary to the United States. It was originally set for us to travel back to the States in the middle of May. Our flight was canceled, and rescheduled for June. Then it was canceled again and rescheduled for July. Now we can not even get through to the airline! We are also in that category where Patty especially should not be taking any risks. So we are looking to reschedule in the fall if that seems both safe and possible.
However, staying in the Land has many great advantages for the work we are doing here. The corona virus challenge has not left me with less work. Yes, much of that work is in zoom calls, phone calls, writing e-mails and WhatsApp communications, but with the lifting of restrictions, we have begun to meet with people personally. One of the first in-person meetings was discerning with a couple who are desirous of planting a new community in the North.
Being in the Land gives more opportunity to meet with leaders, to continue mentoring and now to return to more in-person meetings. There are two major projects as well. The first is that I am part of a team to expand an effective theological institute in Israel that reflects our values and theology. The second is to launch a teaching channel for my most important courses. I plan to have short 5 minute presentations on the topics, beginning with apologetics for young people, then 15 minute presentations and then a whole mini course of 6 ½ hours. I think staying in Israel is key to seeing progress with these projects this summer. I have apologetics, Messianic Jewish theology, eschatology (the last days), New Testament theology, Torah application in the New Covenant, and more. Please pray for this vision.